Monday 16 March 2009

My Introduction

I had a desire to be a writer since I was eight years old when I met Sue Townsend, the author of the Adrian Mole books, at my school on the 23rd November 1985. However, it wasn't until 2001 that I actually decided to give it a go and write a novel. It started off really as just an experiment - could I do it?






The answer was yes, I could, and my first adult horror novel, a vampire story titled 'Ritual of Blood' was published in 2003. I set it in a fictional town, modelled loosely on the town I live now, in 1873.










While I was waiting for publication of 'Ritual of Blood' I began my next novel, this time a contemporary ghost story titled 'Killing Time'. I finished 'Killing Time' just as 'Ritual of Blood' came out, and it was published by Vanguard Press in 2004.




I took the next couple of years off writing seriously, and then in 2007 I decided to get back into it, only this time writing for more of a teenage market rather than an adult one, as the ideas I had been having catered more for that kind of audience. Currently I am working on a series, the first one of which is currently titled 'The Witch of Primrose Hill', and is in the final draft stage, and I am also writing a stand alone novel currently titled 'Falling Star'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodreads

C.J. Wright's books on Goodreads
Ritual of Blood Ritual of Blood
reviews: 2
ratings: 8 (avg rating 4.38)

Falling Star Falling Star
reviews: 2
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.33)

Killing Time Killing Time
reviews: 1
ratings: 2 (avg rating 4.50)